الاثنين، 5 سبتمبر 2011

Language functions

language functions
1-Good morning : صباح الخير
                             when you meet someone in the morning .
2- Good  night :-
                           when you leave someone in the evening / at night .
3- Good bye :-
                           when you leave someone in the morning / in the afternoon .
4- How do you do ?
                                when you meet someone ( you don’t know ) for the first time .
5-How are you :-
                      when you meet an old friend .someone ( you  know ) . 

**************************************

suggestion تقديم اقتراح

هيا
Let’s + الفعل في المصدر                        Let’s watch TV.
Why don’t we + الفعل في المصدر         Why don’t we watch TV.    
What about + verb + ing                 What about watching TV.    
How about + verb + ing                   How about watching TV.  

***************************************

Agreeing to a suggestion الموافقة على اقتراح

That’s a good idea .هذه فكرة جيدة
                                 When you agree to a suggestion .

                           ************************************

Asking for permissionطلب إذن

Can I + الفعل في المصدر  
                      Can I use your camera .
May I + الفعل في المصدر
                    May I come with you ?
                    Do you mind if I + الفعل في المصدر

                 Would you  mind + verb + ing 

                       ***********************************

Giving permission

بالطبع تستطيع                                              نعم بالطبع                           لا .. لا مانع على الإطلاق

Of course , you can             or              Yes, of course .             or       No, not at all .

الرفض
I’m afraid you can’t .آسف لا يمكنك ذلك
**************************************
Borrowing something اقتراض شيء
                                            هل أستطيع استعارة .....              
May I borrow your …….., please ?            May I borrow your book , please ?
Can I borrow your ……..., please ?          Can I borrow your pen , please ?
Could you lend me ……..., please ?          Could you lend me your camera , please ?

Agreeing :- الموافقة

                       Yes of course . Here you are  نعم بالطبع ... تفضل 



Disagreeing عدم الموافقة
     I’m afraid I can’t .آسف                     لا أستطيع
    I’m sorry . I don’t have one    آسف ليس عندي           
   I need it myself  أنا في حاجة إليه                     
******************************
Congratulations تقديم التهاني
Congratulations on your results مبروك على النتيجة
2--what good/ wonderful  news ! يا لها من أخبار رائعة
                                 ********************************

Sympathy تقديم التعازي


 1-I’m sorry to hear that bad news .                         2-Oh, No, It’s terrible .
3- How dreadful ! يا للفظاعة                                           4- What a pity يا للاسى              
************************************
Apology تقديم اعتذار  

I’m really sorry , I’ve + p.p.
I don’t know how to say this but I’ve + p.p.
                                               When you make a mistake ( lose / break something ) 
**************************************
Accepting apology قبول الاعتذار   
Not at all . لا عليك
Never mind  لا عليك
Don’t worry about it .لا تقلق بهذا الشأن
Not accepting عدم قبول الاعتذار

Please get another one من فضلك ! هات لي واحدة أخرى            
*****************************************

Invitation الدعوة

Would you like to come to my …  هل تود الحضور إلى

I’d like to invite you to my …..
How about coming to dinner this evening ?

Accepting the invitation قبول الدعوة


I’d be pleased to come .يسعدني     أن احضر                        
I’d love to .
With pleasure .                                  
                                                *********************************

Asking for help

Would you help me,  please ?

Could you give me a hand, please ?   

Would you do me a favour , please ?

Agreeing to help الموافقة على المساعدة

Yes, of course .

No, problem .
suggestion  اقتراح عمل شيء
Why don’t you + المصدر
How /what about + verb + ing
***************************
Agreeing to a suggestion :-
That’s a good idea .
That’s o.k. .
**************************************
Fear الخوف

I’m terrified of …………….!

I’m frightened of …………..!

**************************************
asking someone to introduce himself الطلب من شخص أن يقدم نفسه

can you introduce your self ?   قدم نفسك لو سمحت ؟
could you talk about yourself  ?
can you give some information about yourself ?

**************************************

asking questions :-


Can I ask you some questions , please ?

Will you answer my questions , please ?

للرد بالإيجاب
Yes, of course .
With pleasure بكل سرور
Willingly . على الرحب و السعة

******************************
Fear الخوف
I’m rather worried about …………..
I’m concerned about ……………..
*************************************
meeting a friend after a long time :- مقابلة صديق بعد فترة من الغياب
1-    how nice to see you again
2-    where have you been ?
3-    fancy seeing you again .
************************************
asking for information :- طلب معلومات
1-    can you tell me …………?
2-    Do you know anything about …………….?

Losing the way :-فقد الطريق

      1-Excuse me , where is ……………….?
3-    how can I get to …………………….?

Asking about the food / fruit / drink :-

1-    which ……….do you like best ?
2-    which fruit do you prefer ?
3-    which do you prefer coffee    or      tea ?
************************************
asking for opinion :-
    
     1-what do you think of / about ………………..?
     2- what’s your opinion of ……………………..?

giving opinion :-

1-I think ………………..
2- in my opinion . it’s …..( interesting – boring – good – bad - ….)
***********************************
agreeing with someone’s opinion :-
1-    you’re absolutely right .
2-    I think so , too .
3-    I couldn’t agree more .
***************************************

disagreeing with someone’s opinion :-عدم الموافقة على رأي شخص

1-    I don’t agree with you .
2-    I don’t think so .
3-    ]I’m not sure about that .
*************************************
expressing interest and surprise :-
      1- how interesting             or                  
      2-That’s very interesting
***********************************

Exclamation :-

 For good news

 For bad news

 Good heavens !  / Wow !

My goodness !
How wonderful !
How amazing !
What a great idea !

Oh, no !

 I' m sorry to hear that .
How horrible !
How awful !
What bad news!
What a shock !

*******************************

Asking someone to on the phone :-
Just a minute .                       or                      hang on a second

*****************************************

Not believing someone عدم تصديق شخص

1-    you must be kidding .
2-      you must be joking
3-      you can’t mean that .

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق